Okay, so the title might be a bit overdramatic, but that's the point of reality tv, isn't it? Anyway, last night was the season finale, and here are my thoughts on it:
Anyway, right for the start, the auditions were awesome. Watching the week in Vegas made me want to cry, and I wasn't there, but it was sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo int
1. Lauren and Pasha doing hip - hop. I loved this the first time I saw it. totally lauren's dance, and Pasha did a great job too. The other time we saw him do hip-hop (Lacey as a mannequin style), he was also awesome. Ballroom? I think not....
2. Sara and Jesus - homeless people thingy, no idea what to call it, but it truly was "twisted and demented" So cool!
3. Sabra and Dominic - hip hop, the first time I ever really got into Sabra at all, this was really cool, and very romantic!
4. Anya and Danny - fox trot. I wasn't going to allow the show to be over unti I saw some dance by this couple. I was really praying for their contemporary to Apologize, which was too amazing for words, but this was good too. They totally rocked at the beginning of the competition, and I really would have liked Danny to win.
5. Sara and Pasha - west coast swing. Lots of fun, but not my favorite.
6. Sabra and Neil - jazz business deal. Great use of the song, very dynamic to watch, but kind of a downner because of Sabra (no idea why I don't like her, really)
7. Neil and Sara - disco, lots of fun also. Definitely a recovering style after sucking last season. Also, lots of Sara, not that I'm complaining.
8. Jamie and Hok's hummingbird, flower thingy - too cool, I miss Jamie now, she and Hok was actually pretty great, just not good enough.
9. Danny and Lacey's samba - Hip Hip, Chin Chin indeed. I don't really know what else to say other than this was pretty much pure sex.
I think that's it, except for:
Mia Michael's is god, as I have said before. So, I was also going to have a conniption (no idea how to spell that...) if someone didn't suggest her piece that Neil and Lacey did. What was truly amazing, was that they did it as the very last performance of the season, after Neil and Lacey had both been eliminated, and I was crying like a little baby, not only about the piece, but the emotion of the entire season was like falling on top of me. It was amazing.
So, needless to say, I was a little disappointed that Sabra won, but leaving that alone, what else can I talk about. Some other memorable routines:
Lacey and Kameron's piece to Chicago: this was the moment that I decided that, if I could look like any person on earth, it might be Lacey. This was also pure sex, not that Kameron helped much.
Sara and Danny's tango- great song! (Whatever Lola wants, lola gets....) And the vinnette was too funny. Poor Danny, his boys have been taking quite a beating this season.
Okay, well, I can't think of them right now, but there were lots of great others, the season was full of amazing moments, and tons of hilarity. I can't wait for next year!